While health and well-being are at the research-based heart of what we do, we also acknowledge the value to Education, with Primary and Secondary Schools, SEND Schools and AP’s in the South Yorkshire area taking advantage of our services.
We offer weekly (2 hour) sessions across a term, where we provide all the equipment and expertise to fully engage with groups of between 8 and 10 pupils. We can also accommodate after school and dinner time clubs (ask for availability).
We also offer competitive full day packages allowing us to work with 4 groups over the day.
What are the benefits?
- Confidence building.
- Anxiety reduction.
- Developing essential skills.
- Inclusive sessions.
- Promote positive identity.
- Build resilience
- Easily accessible to “hard to reach” pupils or pupils with additional needs.
Why work with us?
- We hold the UK Youth Safer Spaces Quality Mark.
- We Meet Curriculum guidelines for the Model Music Curriculum.
- We Implement the Gatsby benchmarks.
- We are Certified to recognise Specific Learning Difficulties.
- We hold Enhanced DBS and safeguarding certificates.
- We offer Full and part-funded opportunities.
- We offer Pathways to progression through our affiliates at Higher Rhythm Recording studios.
What does a typical session plan look like?
- “Speak to Me” is a session built around social communication where we get hands on with the equipment!!!
- “Electro-Acoustic Jam” is about learning the building blocks of music, while we are creating it, exploring different musical styles and recognising the role of discipline in group playing.
- “Beat Builder” Is about getting hands on with the technology and creating beats at the push of a button.
- “Building Blocks” is where we use the knowledge we have gained to create or compose a short piece of music/rap/or sound design”
- “Bada-Bada Bingo” Is a name that tune kind of game, where we open up conversations on different musical styles from around the world, and see if we can emulate the core elements with our instruments.
- The final sessions are based around creating simple melodies and incorporate some singing/chanting.
- Sometimes the older participants prefer to compose using the technology or try their hand at DJing. After the initial sessions they are usually in a good position to decide.
- We offer pathways to progression through our affiliation with Higher Rhythm Recording Studios.
Find out more: Call 07982 755 623 or drop us an email through the Contact Us tab.
We are UK Youth Certified, Expect Youth members & destination partners with The Children’s University.